W E L C O M E . O N . M Y . B L O G !

Hello everybody,
It has been a very long time I was waiting to find the time to create such a web media, and this time has finally come!
I'm sincerely glad to welcome you on my design blog, and I hope you will discover interesting material and maybe we will have opportunities to talk about design right there. Wadezign's area will be specially dedicated to my recent past and my upcoming works, but oldies but goodies will be viewable on WALDEZIGN' S ATTIC, and I also will focus on my ESPACE Sbarro year on WALDEZIGN' S ESPACE.
I hope you will also appreciate these two other sites!
Good surf!

2008-07-21

P O R S C H E . 9 9 9














(2008) Hello, This post will be a little different: it will be updated as often as possible to make a kind of tutorial. I won't really detail all the steps of the rendering, but I'll try to show the most significant moments of the process.
-1/ the raw sketch: I always use Faber Castell Polychromos (dark red color) on standard paper, adding some lines with a black bold Bic (French ball pen) for the key lines. I sometimes also draw directly on the wacom cintiq, but I prefer the feeling of the pen on the paper. Actually, I'm not a sketchman, therefore I need several failures to end a good sketch (5 for tis example). Moreover, designing a Porsche is maybe the most difficult exercise ever, try it, you'll understand...
-2/ second step: the raw sketch imported into Photoshop, I take the opportunity to oversize the rear wheel
-3/ Then I replace the basis sketch by clean strokes (herewith illustrator) + defining different areas (glazing, exhaust, mirrors, and so on...)
-4/ Dark render on the body
-5/ Light render on the body
-6/ Sky on the top
-7/ At this moment, the body seems to begin to be enough defined, soI can switch on the glazing surfaces rendering. With my technique, the cockpit is always treated as if it was only a wallpaper, the first layer is dedicated to this imitation of the interior of the car.
8/ The second step is for dark/light rendering (multiply/screen). No need to wonder, it is alwas the same stuff!
9/ Then returning to the whole car rendering, I start to deal with reflection and shadows (the color have change in order to shift my point of view, and therefore to have a better sight on the project.
At this time, the sketch looks almost finished, but the road to glory is still very long...
10/ I add clear reflections to the dark ones, and smooth them in the foreground.
11/ Wheels rendering
12/ light points, glow effects, and halo. Over!
13/ Superbonus: just a little game: what is the difference with the former image? Plz answer by email
 
Of course, you can add your comments!